Dentures in Tonbridge, Kent
A denture replaces lost or missing teeth and enables you to enjoy a healthy diet and smile again with confidence.
A full denture is one that replaces all of your natural teeth in either the upper or lower jaw and gives support to your cheeks and lips.
A partial denture fills in the spaces created by your lost or missing teeth. It is attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments.
The base of the denture is called a plate and is normally made from either acrylic plastic or metal. The teeth are usually made from acrylic are made to match your natural teeth. This is important in the case of partial dentures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my eating habits need to change?
No not really as there are few eating restrictions for denture wearers once you get used to wearing them. However, dentures aren’t as efficient as your real teeth. If you experience eating difficulties at any time, it’s important to contact us. Poorly fitting dentures often contribute to eating difficulties. Dentures that fit correctly are vital for enjoying a well-balanced diet.
Can I replace my dentures with implants?
Yes, you can and it may well change your life. When you have dental implants you avoid the pain and embarrassment of dentures.
- Your teeth won’t slip or fall out
- You don’t need to avoid any activities
- You can usually eat what you want
- There are no clasps or clips to hold them in place
Will my dentures last a lifetime?
They are durable but that doesn’t make them indestructible. They can sometimes discolour, chip, break and bend out of shape. With good care, your dentures can last for many years. Here are some tips for maintaining the appearance and extending the life of yours.
- Use a brush proper denture brush and a quality denture cleaner. Regular toothpaste is to harsh for dentures
- Store your dentures in a container of denture-cleaning solution or water
- Soak them in warm not hot water. Hot water often damages their shape
- Use a cleansing tablet once a week to kill odour causing bacteria
Dentures offer many benefits to the people who wear them. While they may take some initial adjustment, they can enhance your smile as well as your long term confidence. Visit us at least once a year to evaluate the fit, appearance and to receive oral cancer screening.